Silver Skater

A skater from the Hollywood, California area. I've been skating in Hollywood since the age of 4 and now, over 20 years later, I'm still skating in Hollywood.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Scientology Mission of Los Feliz

If you live in or around the Los Feliz, Los Angeles area and you want to find out what Scientology is all about, you should stop by The Scientology Mission of Los Feliz. Located at 1934 Hillhurst Ave Los Angeles, CA 90027, it's easy to find.


They're a great bunch of people and are interested in assisting in answering your questions or getting you started on an introductory service. Or maybe you want to buy a book and find out for yourself what it's all about. I've personally met a bunch of them (just because I'm a Scientologist and from the LA area) and additionally they travel all around town doing Dianetics Stress Tests which I've seen and have ran into them doing in Los Feliz, Hollywood, Glendale, Pasadena and Santa Monica. They are also coincidentily all around my age which is cool.

You can also check out their site at http://www.missionoflosfeliz.com

Or their blog at http://www.missionoflosfeliz.com/blog

The Los Feliz area is also a great place for Skating as there are a bunch of spots there. There's a local school there that I learned to do my first handrails at. Actually, it was really because I was skating with some guys that were better than I was that I even attempted it in the first place. Which turned out to be a good rule to live by. Basically, f you want to advance at something, hang out with people who do whatever it is much better than you. Maybe, it's common sense but I've also found some people like to be the best of their crowd at what they do and so don't advance as much as they could because of it.

Anyway, I was skating with Guy Mariano who was not Pro yet but he was locally sponsored. And I think Rudy Johnson who both skated a lot together even back then. They were sort of part of my skate crowd and were the kids advancing faster than everyone else and seriously devoting their time to it. Anyway, I just went for it (the handrail) and pulled off some smaller but steep handrails the first time trying and was totally stoked. This was around 1990. Coincidentally, in 1991 there was a street skate video that came out with Mark Gonzales, Guy Mariano, Rudy Johnson and Jason Lee which really reflected the LA street skate scene. It's good to see Guy and Rudy did so well at something they loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home