Silver Skater

A skater from the Hollywood, California area. I've been skating in Hollywood since the age of 4 and now, over 20 years later, I'm still skating in Hollywood.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Childhood Years

To go off on a tangent (though not totally a digression) I just want to say that my childhood was very sane and I was raised in a loving and caring environment where I was free to persue my own interests and was supported in doing so. My family liked the fact that I spent most of my growing years out skateboarding. And even in my teens, high school days and after I graduated and in College I was still spending a majority of my time skateboarding. I never once got any negative comments about how I was "wasting my time" or "Skateboarding is for kids" etc.

This, I believe, was due in most part because my parents are Scientologists. Here is an article, Scientologists Opt for "Hands-On" Parenting Solutions, which gives a little more in depth on how and why this would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home