Silver Skater

A skater from the Hollywood, California area. I've been skating in Hollywood since the age of 4 and now, over 20 years later, I'm still skating in Hollywood.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

The image “http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Agency/5765/Berra-visitor.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.Professional Skateboarder, Actor and Scientologist - Steve Berra

Stephen (Steve) Berra, is one of the world's best professional skateboarders, a very talented actor and dedicated Scientologist. He was born on May 10, 1973 in the city of St. Louis, Missouri.

He's had many sponsors to support his skating career. Examples are:


The Foundation Super Company
Birdhouse Projects
Orion Trucks
Pig Wheels
Billabong Clothing
Airwalk Shoes


Read an Active interview with Steve Berra.

Trick Tip - Kickflip Backside Tailslides By Steve Berra

1. The secret to this trick is the backside tailslide and a decent backside flip.

2. The angle on this one should be pretty much parallel-not totally, but more parallel with the ledge than not. Another key is to really look at your board. I've found that sometimes when I don't look at my board, I don't seem to make it. I'm either looking at the ledge, the ground, or somewhere else. I know it sounds ridiculous, but you'd be amazed how often it happens.

3. Anyway, look at your board and roll parallel with the ledge. Do it like you're backside flipping, but really focus on your board flipping into your back foot. It should hop right on the ledge.

4. Make sure your head's down and you're looking at your board-that's what makes it easy to ride away fakie. To land

forward, look over your shoulder like a debutante; and to ride away fakie, look down, keeping your shoulders rotating backside and your back foot sweeping behind you. Hell, I guess that's it-roll away and feel sweet.

5. These things are so hard to explain-there's just no substitute for practice.


Actor and Scientologist - Jason Lee

Jason Lee has a rather unique background for an actor: he started out as a professional skateboarder. In 1995, Lee made his feature film debut as Brodie Bruce in Kevin Smith's sophmore effort, Mallrats. Lee went on to play the wise-cracking roommate Banky Edwards in Smith's next film, Chasing Amy, and then acted in the made-for-HBO movie Weapons of Mass Distraction, the Will Smith-starrer Enemy of the State, Kevin Smith's Dogma, and Lawrence Kasdan's Mumford...

Read the rest of his interview.

Jason Lee is a Southern California boy, as I am, and I grew up admiring him as a professional skateboarder and buying his decks and stuff. I only found out a couple years ago, through Celebrity Centre International, that he is also a Scientologist and I have admired him and his career even more, ever since. He had one of the main roles in one my my all time favorite movies Almost Famous where he plays the lead singer. He also played opposite Tom Cruise in Vanilla Sky which I also thought was really great. This was even cooler because of the fact that Tom Cruise is also a Scientologist, as I'm sure you already know.



4 Comments:

Blogger Audrey Ledoux said...

I got an internet tour through CC -rad!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Chevelle said...

Oh Yea, cool. Did you go through the virtual reality tour?

You can click around and stuff. Just so you know, That's where I used to play and run around when I was a kid, on the way home from school. I also did my first Art course there when I was 11 and it only costed me $15.00.

1:48 AM  
Blogger Blackfoot said...

Chevelle,
That was an interested post.
Nice crop on the Steve Berra photo.
How did you do that?

10:53 AM  
Blogger Chevelle said...

Just a little transparent gif action on the edges.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home